Summer has arrived! The season of sunny days on the patio, lounging about in the parks during lazy afternoon picnics drinking cold lemonade, and of course ample opportunity to enjoy the many festivals that Calgary has to offer during the summer months.
To save you hours spent on google trying to figure out what to do while you’re in Calgary, we thought we would save you some time and provide our top 5 recommendations. Now get back outside and enjoy the sunshine, resting easy knowing your trip is planned out!
- Eat some free pancakes in July. Lots and lots of free pancakes (10 days in a row if you wish!) The Calgary Stampede is a time of daily pancake breakfasts all over the city, and enjoy the chance to mingle with locals, eat some free food, listen to some country music, and kick back in the early morning sunshine. You can find a full listing at freestampedepancakes.com
- Ride your bike with the characters of Mario Bros at the Cyclepalooza. Seriously. Enjoy a chance to relive your childhood memories of Mario, Luigi and Yoshi during this multi colored ride through the city bike pathways on July 5th
- Get your nature on. Head out to Fish Creek July 19th for a free one day event that is all about the importance of conserving water, and enjoy the leafy green beautiful surroundings. There are plenty of pathways to explore before or after the event.
- Cold beer and summer go hand in hand- try a unique, only available in Calgary this summer, new beer to celebrate the Fairmont Pallisers 100th anniversary. Brewed by Wild Rose, the Palliser Centennial pale ale has hints of chocolate and caramel, and is reddish-brown in colour. Expect a traditional English beer that’s well-balanced, full of flavour and incredibly memorable.
- Dance in the streets- is there a better way to celebrate warm summer nights? The Inglewood night market will run the night of July 11th and there will be live country music and square dancing. After you’re danced out, you can peruse the market stalls for goodies, odd and ends available for sale.